Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Walkthrough Experience so far.

As of today, our class has visited District C three times. With each visit, I find myself getting more and more comfortable with being there. At first, I didn't know what to expect at all. It was an entirely new experience and I wasn't even sure of what to look for. During the first walkthrough, I felt that five minutes wasn't enough in each classroom because I wanted to be able to observe every little detail. But as we visited more and more classrooms, it became easier to pick up on the important things to look for.

Last week, we were split up into smaller groups of three and visited a few more classrooms. This time, I not only found it even easier to spot important details in each classroom, but I also found that I had a better sense of direction in the school. I was able to recognize classrooms from the previous week and felt more comfortable navigating through the hallways. This was certainly a good sign because being unsure of where you are in a new school only adds to the nervewracking "new experience" feeling.

So far, I'm really enjoying our visits to District C. I love how enthusiastic Principal JL is and I love how welcome he makes us feel week after week. His excitement really is contagious and I'm glad we are able to have this experience with him at his school.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that the school is very welcoming to our presence and that makes it so much easier to enter and navigate District C every week. I also see that the observations are getting easier as well. Like anything, practice makes perfect and to answer the questions on the observation sheet is getting easier with practice. I am excited to see where class tomorrow is going to take us in our thinking of education.

    ReplyDelete