Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Short Introduction

My name is Ariana Bigos and I'm in my fourth year at RIC. I'm a Secondary Ed/English major and I'm also getting the Middle School endorsement. After I get my undergraduate degree, I'd like to get my Masters degree in Elementary and Special Education.

I've wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember, but I never knew what grade level I wanted to teach until seventh grade. I had an amazing English teacher who made me love the subject more than I already did. I already loved to read and write and she made learning fun. I wanted--and still want--to be the kind of teacher that makes students want to learn and enjoy it as well.

In ninth grade, we watched Dead Poets Society in my English class and it easily became my favorite movie. Essentially it's about an  English teacher who goes against the traditional expectations of him as a teacher and changes the lives of his students. I hope that once I am a teacher, I'll be able to change the life of/inspire at least one student, just like my seventh grade English teacher inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment